Thursday, March 16, 2017

Hitting Pause and Hitting the Road #SOL17 Day 16 #EF



Coastal view of Cinque Terre on the eastern Mediterranean.
Image via Google search, labeled for noncommercial reuse.
When I began this hike through the Slice of Life Story Challenge, I knew I'd face the added challenge of posting daily during spring break since I'll be tripping around Europe for eleven days. 

The SOLSC corresponds to spring break, and I travel during spring break. 

Last year my husband and I went to Hawaii for nine days. Still, I managed to post every day, often getting up early and staying up late to compose lines about the beauty of Hawaii. 

Two years ago I traveled to London, Paris, Rome, and Barcelona, with side trips to Bath, Stonehenge, Versailles, and Vatican City. I continued blogging during the 13 day trip but did miss a couple of days because of time changes and no internet availability. 

Some of my personal favorite posts have been inspired by summer road trips. I like sharing my awe-inspiring travel experiences. 

This year, however, I've decided to hit pause and eschew blogging during my travels. I don't want to miss a moment of the beauty of Europe I'll be sharing with my husband, friends, colleagues, and students, as well as the new friends I'll make during this year's travels to 

  • Milan
  • Cinque Terra
  • Monte Carlo
  • Barcelona and 
  • Madrid
We'll have side trips to some other places, too, including a day trip to Toledo, which is an hour from Madrid. 

Simply, I can't be present in two places at one time, so I'm choosing to be in the moment with my beloved man, my best friend, my soulmate, and the others sharing our journey for the next eleven days. 

To be there, I can't be here, so I'm hitting pause and hitting the road. 
March marks the month-long Slice of Life Story Challenge.Thank you to the Two Writing Teachers team for sponsoring this month's challenge and for promoting the writing life.
*I'll be back March 27. 

5 comments:

  1. This is the first year in 7 years of slicing that I'm not traveling during the SOLSC! My spring break begins in April this year. I feel you on the struggles of posting while traveling. Enjoy your time with your husband and friends. Soak up every ounce of it and then slice about it later. We can wait!
    https://aggiekesler.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to be traveling through Italy right now! I look forward to reading your posts.

    I will have the challenge of writing while traveling while I'm in Brazil during the last week of the month. I think I will try to post ahead of time so I don't get behind.

    -Amanda at https://teachingwanderlust.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your trip sounds wonderful. I think you've made a great decision to take a break and enjoy every moment with your soulmate! Bon voyage!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You will be much missed but I believe you have chosen well! This trip sounds extraordinary! Enjoy - and please blog about it when you return!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy, Glenda. We'll be here when you get back. Stay in the moment and have fun!

    ReplyDelete