The meme should say, "I've been tired since 1984" because that's the year my first child arrived.
No worries, there is a somee card to commemorate the exhaustion that accompanies a new baby.
Unfortunately, exhaustion is a serious problem and can lead to these thoughts:
Chronic sleeplessness has some serious side effects, as noted on WebMD:
- Industrial Accidents: The 1979 Three Mile Island Accident was caused by sleep deprivation.
- Cognition suffers when we're sleep deprived.
- Sleep deprivation can lead to health problems, such as weight gain and heart disease to diabetes and high blood pressure.
- Sleep deprivation can have a negative impact on libido.
- Lack of sleep can cause depression.
- Skin suffers when we don't get enough sleep.
- Memory suffers when we're sleep deprived.
- Lack of sleep can decrease life expectancy.
- Sleep deprivation has a negative impact on judgment, including the way we see our sleep needs.