Sunday, March 22, 2015

#SOL15, Day 22: When in Roman Baths and Stonehenge

I'm continuing the SOL Story Challenge from the "mother ship," a.k.a. Great Britain.

Today we visited the Roman Baths in Bath. I'll never teach "The Wife of Bath's Tale" the same way again. I wander what the Wife would say about the Roman bath houses. We owe our roads, sewer systems, government, and so much more to the ancient Romans.

Visiting Stonehenge was a spiritual experience. From every angle the stones offer a unique point of view. They make me think about how amazing and unique each student is and how we all see things just a little differently.

We ended the day at Abbey Road and recreated the famous Beatles album cover.

8 comments:

  1. I LOVE England! I lived there for a year and have visited several times, but there is always more to see. Thanks for sharing your experiences there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE England! I lived there for a year and have visited several times, but there is always more to see. Thanks for sharing your experiences there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow- great pictures and insights. Thanks for sharing a little of England with us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow- great pictures and insights. Thanks for sharing a little of England with us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such great shots from your adventures. Love how the greens tied them together --even that last Abbey Road picture with the chartreuse lamp... lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My oh my, what a trip! Love your reflection on Stonehenge, "They make me think about how amazing and unique each student is and how we all see things just a little differently. " I must, must, must visit Great Britain!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this makes me smile and wish I could be there now. Husband and I were talking about Scotland just this morning. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that you go from a "spiritual" picture of meditating at Stonehenge to recreating a pop album cover. Variety is the spice of life! (WW Erin)

    ReplyDelete