Monday, March 9, 2015

Monday Morning Blogmenting: A Report on Blog Commenting #SOL15, Day 9

Good Morning, I'm Glenda Funk, and this is Monday Morning, Day 9 of the 2015 Slice of Life Story Challenge.

Did you remember to spring forward yesterday and sacrifice an hour of precious sleep and blogmenting--the fine art of commenting on blog posts--for the archaic practice of Daylight Savings Time? And how was that early morning "rise and blind" into the inky A.M.?

How did you fare in the weekend SOL blogmenting (read: commenting) challenge? On Saturday I managed to read and comment on 44 posts, and on Sunday I commented on 25 posts. The winter weather in the northeast continues its popularity among those trapped in Wintermagedon.

But there's lots of other things happening around the blogosphere. Some of Sunday's top stories follow: 
  • On the "I'm Writing, Too" blog, Kristi shared the joys of her daughter's piano practice and reminded me of the repetitive experience of reading papers on the same topic over and over and over again. 
  • Janice Ewing reminded me that there are all kinds of ways to approach the challenge; felt as though she heard the conversation I had w/ my husband this morning. Janice writes at write.share.connect so check it out. 
  • International Women's Day is the top story for Day 8 on Misty Stanton's blog, Rants from an EduMommy. Love that title and anything that draws attention to international women's issues. As Misty notes, our girls can study robotics, math, and while we've come a long way, we have more journey ahead of us. 
  • Deb left the Sunday blog post to Chloe's capable paws on Coffee with Chloe. Chloe took readers on a visual tour out her window and the things she likes to bark at when keeping an eye on her house. 
  • Pondering Preschool blogger Maureen keeps showing me how important play is in the classroom, and she had a wonderful poem for her Sunday post. 
Many more noteworthy stories woo me. I read about an adopted child who found joy in dance, about teaching students about the March on Selma, several posts about Daylight Savings Time, blogs about sick children, and an especially beautiful post about dancing and heaping kindness on a man whom others had showered with hate. 

It's no news that the world of slicers is full of hope, inspiration, like-mindedness.

I'm off to teach, learn, read, and blogment. 

Image Credit: Google images licensed for noncommercial reuse.
*Update and Side Note: I hope folks see this post as paying homage to all participating in the SOL story challenge. "CBS Sunday Morning" is my muse for the post. 8:23 MST

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for a special mention! What a great idea for a slice - to share what you've been reading on blogs. Loved this! I am thoroughly enjoying your posts, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it wonderful to stop by slicers and find treasures?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is. Believe me: I'm always pilfering. I have "sticky fingers" and the treasures I find get put into a file and find their way into my classroom. Many become blog posts w/ a twist.

      Delete
  3. Wow! You were a busy "blogmentor" (noun version of your new word) I love your new word! In fact I think I almost love the blogmenting more that the blogging itself....so much to read, learning, steal, people to meet, connect with, etc. fun fun fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agree, although I'd rather be blogging and blogmenting this evening instead of glued to a pile of papers--both online and hard copy.

      Delete