Friday, March 20, 2015

Carpe Diem! #SOL15, Day 21



missed Day 20 of the SOL blogging challenge. The time change from MST to London time created a time warp. Boo! 

If my trip across the pond has a theme, it's siege every fleeting moment, no matter how quickly it passes. Our tour guide, charming Nicki, called this "Speed Sughtseeing."

Wit that in mind, after arriving, we did a whirlwind tour of the British Gallery before seeing a fantastic performance of "Phantom of the Opera."

Today, we visited the Tower of Lobdon and saw the British Crown Jewels. Next, we dashed off to St. Paul's Cathedral, then to Westminister Abbey, on to Buckingham Palace, and ended the day with a ride on the London Eye. 

I loved seeing Poet's Corner, of course. 

Here are a few phone pics from the trip:


7 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures! Excellent word choices- fleeting, dashed- make me feel just how "whirlwind" it was :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures! Excellent word choices- fleeting, dashed- make me feel just how "whirlwind" it was :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your pictures. Combined with your use of the phrase "Time warp", it made me think of how steeped in history they all are as well. I caught myself thinking "How and why were the Towers of London built?" Enjoy the rest of your stay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never been and I hope to go - these photos are fabulous; your touring sounds so great. What an amazing trek!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photos - wonderful memories. Keep sharing - when you can!

    ReplyDelete
  6. When you're traveling the world messages can get lost or delayed. This was worth the wait thank you for sharing this with us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! exciting! What a wonderful slicing opportunity. :-0

    ReplyDelete